Sunday, November 25, 2012

Week 8 (November 22, 2012)



Hello family! Happy Holidays to y'all (practicing my Texan accent;)! This is going to be a short letter because our P-day is on Thanksgiving and we don't have time to do any writing because we have a big service project that we are doing tomorrow. So hopefully I can get done what I need to in this letter. :) So first item of big news is that I got my travel plans last week right after I sent my last e-mail! I am leaving the MTC at 5 o'clock in the morning on Monday November 26, 2012. I am stoked! We are flying American Airlines to Dallas first and we have an hour and a half layover in Dallas then we will fly the rest of the way to the airport in Lubbock. I am so excited to meet my mission president and his wife. Apparently we have a lot of English speaking Elders going with us. So we'll see how it goes. All of the preparation for my mission ends on Monday. But I think I am as ready as I am going to get. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot more to learn but I just need to get out there and get going. I am so excited!! Anyway, that is that. Everything here is starting to get crazy again, but the Lord qualifies those he calls. He is preparing a way for us every day to get the things done that we need to get done. We are trying so hard to learn as much Spanish as possible before we get to the field to minimize the shock (to be honest, I don't think there is anything that I could do with my natural man self to prepare for that shock of my first lesson). But I am definitely becoming more fluent. I am not fluent yet but the words are coming easier and we teach natives every week that come to the MTC to volunteer and the conversation part is much easier now. I don't have to think about how I am going to say something, it just comes out. The gift of tongues is absolutely incredible. I only claim to have a testimony of it because I know that I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't have the help of the Lord guiding my every step. So grateful for that gift. We are becoming better teachers as well. On Saturday we taught William about the importance of repentance in the view of the Plan of Salvation. He committed to change and wants to change to show his love for the Lord. I read a quote the other day from Joseph Smith that made me realize why missionaries can have so much success. He said," And now, I ask, how righteousness and truth are going to sweep the earth as a flood? I will answer. Men and angels are going to be co-workers in bringing to pass this great work and Zion is to be prepared, even a new Jerusalem, for the elect that are to be gathered from the four quarters of the earth." Knowing that a prophet of the Lord promised that angels will be my co-workers in this work has increased my faith incredibly. And it is true in all of our lives. Anytime that we are contributing to the work of the Lord, we are living worthy of that promise. So in short, do gods work so you can see the miracles of angels in you lives. I know it's true, and I haven't even made it to the field yet. I wish I had more time to write but this is all I can do for this week. We have an apostle coming to talk to us tomorrow, so hopefully I can end the week on a bang. If you were planning on sending a letter to me, the last time I receive letters is on Saturday morning. So I will have my dad post my mission home address and you can send it there. Les amo. Remember that with you faith, anything is possible. So go and do good works according to your faith. Have a Happy Holiday!!


--

Elder KP

















































No comments:

Post a Comment