Sunday, November 25, 2012

Week 7 (November 15, 2012)




Hola! Como estan? How is life back at home? How has the last week been? I want to hear from everyone. I really only have this next week left in the MTC and then I ship out a week from Monday on the 26. So I will be here for Thanksgiving!!! I hope they cook good food here. ;) I can't wait to see what it will be like. I am glad to hear that everyone is doing so good from the letters that I have received. How is the snow and the cold for everyone? I am so grateful that I am about to leave to somewhere warm! This cold is awful. Has Rachel received her mission call yet? We could be the twins serving at the same time! First ones since Rich and Russ. ;) Everything is very good here. Learning more and more every day. I want to leave here so bad but at the same time I want to stay and learn as much as I can so that I will be ready for the field. But, I am on the Lords schedule and it isn't about what I want, it is his will. But life is good. Love the MTC always. This last Sunday they changed me out of district leader. It is nice but at the same time, the opportunity to serve in that kind of capacity is taken away. But service is always needed. Whether you are a bishop or a member without a specific calling. Service is the key to love. That is something that I have studied a lot this past week. In Chapter 6 of Preach My Gospel are the Christ like Attributes. One of them is love and charity. If anyone has access to a Preach My Gospel I would recommend studying that. It is so good. And like it says in the scriptures, the first great commandment is to love the Lord thy God, and the second is like unto it. Love thy neighbor as thyself (Matt 26). Then the scripture that says "...charity never faileth." How would it be to never fail? That is my challenge for this week. Study charity and pray for it to be given to you (it is a gift) and I promise that you will find more success and see miracles happen in your life and the lives around you. Monday we taught our investigator William. He is trying to overcome several problems that are keeping him from becoming baptized. We are working with him on growing his faith. They key to anything like that is point them to the savior. The savior satisfies all needs. That is our job and a majority of what we learn about here at the MTC, how we can point others to Christ. On Tuesday I got to leave the MTC campus for the first time! That was so weird! Elder Smith needed to go to the bank and get a new debit card so they got us into a shuttle and took us there so that he could do that before we left. We talked to a lot of people. It would be fun being a missionary in Utah. But I am glad for my call in Texas.Then on we had a member of the 70 come and speak to us. One of the things that he said that I loved so much was, "We have 2 years (talking about missionary work) to do what we can, and an eternity to think about what we did." I think this can be applied into our life in general. We have approximately 79 years or whatever it is now, but then an eternity to think about what we did with it. Don't waste a minute of it. Like my old basketball coach used to say,"Leave with no regrets." I love it. The spirit is always willing to testify of amazing things if we just listen. That I think is one of the biggest things that I have learned here at the MTC. Then on Wednesday I got to leave one more time and this time a little further. One of the Elders in our district needed to go to physical therapy because he had knee surgery and he couldn't get him companion to go for some reason so they had me go with him. We went to the Utah Valley Hospital in their physical therapy center. That was even more weird. Once again, talked to a ton of people. People in Utah just love talking to missionaries so it made it very easy. And get this. I was Hosting for all of the new missionaries later that day and lo and behold, here comes Branson!!! I was so happy! I chased him down and got to help him and host for him. I got to see his family which was so amazing! I missed all of them so much! I couldn't give anyone hugs except for Mason who came out to get a picture with me. :) I got him all set up for his room and classes. He did so much better than me on my first day. What a stud. I couldn't believe it the whole time that I was reunited with my best buddy. I loved it. Haha. I saw him this morning from a distance (not too hard to see a 6'4" redhead;) and it looked like that he was doing pretty good. Love that kid. Hopefully I will get to talk to you all soon. I don't get a phone call for Thanksgiving but I will write. Love you all! Have a great week!

Pictures
1. Snowing
2. Me and the Statue
3. Snow Man in Class
4. Temple Walk :)
5. Freezing at the Temple
6. Elder Summers and I
7. Elder Wilson and I
8. Elder Despain and I (Elder Jensen in the background)
9. Outside the MTC!!
--
Elder KP









No comments:

Post a Comment