Sunday, November 11, 2012

Week 6 (November 8, 2012)

Hello! How is everyone!

A lot has happened this week. Hopefully I can get this all done before the computer kicks me off. Haha. How is school for everyone? We heard that the storm on the east coast got pretty bad. We also found out about the presidential election. It was sad but still a great day in the MTC.

There is so much to talk about! Uhhhh I'll start with Friday last week. Sounds correct logically. On Friday we started getting more investigators. We became the investigators for our district. So we are teaching "new investigators" that are Elders in our own district. The purpose for all of this is so that we can get a feel of what an investigator feels like in a lesson. Also, what they need to feel in order to become converted to Jesus Christ and his gospel. It has been an amazing experience thus far. I have learned so much about being an investigator. I had never really thought about how important it is for us to feel how they feel. It is awesome. We also practiced how to find someone on the street, give them a 1 minute lesson and to set an appointment to come and visit later. It is a lot harder than it sounds. But with practice it will come. It made me think of how I may be doing that when I get to Texas. I want to get out there and get to work, but I have a lot of work to do.

I have felt a little stressed with the language this week. It seemed that I had hit that 6 week plateau that everyone talked about. But with a lot of prayer and hard work, I finally overcame it and am back on track. This week we started going out to the field for our gym time. It is so much fun to be outside and running around. We have been playing Frisbee. It feels so good to get out there and sprint a little bit. On Saturday I studied a lot about faith and how it needs to be grown and used to be able to work miracles in our lives. In Preach My Gospel it talks about faith in Chapter 6: Christlike Attributes. In there in one of the paragraphs it says something to the effect of, the Lord gets his power to bless us from the faith that we exercise and put in him. This hit me so hard and I realized what I could actually do with my faith. I could literally do so much more than I have been. So I have gone to work on applying that in our lessons and in my day to day life. The results are absolutely astonishing. I cannot ever remember a time in my life that so many miracles have happened. My testimony of faith has gone through the Heavens.

Fast Sunday was awesome. It is hard in the MTC but good at the same time. They remove all temptation of food by closing down the cafeteria. Good thing that they do. But the day was such a good spiritual day and I learned so much. We had great talks in all of our meetings. The one that I liked the most was called "The Black Name Tag". The speaker spoke about how amazing our black name tags can be in proselyting and getting work done. He also talked a lot about what it signifies and how it should remind us of our calling. I can't wait for members of our family to start getting "The Black Name Tag". We taught Sal on Monday morning and we taught him about the Word of Wisdom and how important it is that we take care of the bodies that our Heavenly Father has given us. We challenged him to give up all of his coffee, alcohol and drinking for one week. His response was so surprising we almost had to ask him twice. He said,"Yeah sure! That is easy. I could do it for a month if you would like?" He was so happy to give it up for what the Savior had done for him. He wanted to obey and make his Heavenly Father happy. It was an amazing experience.

On Tuesday I hit a milestone in my mission. I spoke 100% for the day. The only time that I spoke English was in a meeting that I had to conduct in our branch (so I am not counting that. hehe). It was so much fun. I realized that I could actually do it after that day. When I had to get up to speak English in that meeting I sat there for probably a solid 10-15 seconds, trying to figure out how I was going to say what I wanted to in English. Such a weird feeling! But I am grateful for it. It was a great day. We also had a member of the 70 come and speak to us. One of the things he said was absolutely amazing. He said," Discipleship isn't about giving something up. It is about becoming something more through being a Disciple of Jesus Christ." I love that quote so much. It is true. The things that we give up are nothing compared to what Heavenly Father gives to us every day. So I challenge all of you reading this to not be afraid to give something up to be a Disciple of Jesus Christ. Yesterday was a great day. We got so much done. One of the things that was highlighting our day was that everyone kept doing these little secrete acts of service. Like someone came and shined all of my shoes for me. It was very nice of them. I wont say what I did cause it is secrete service. But it was a good day.

I hope everything is well! I only have 18 more days in here. The 26 of November is the magic day! It isn't coming soon enough. Haha. I hosted for all of the new missionaries last week and one of them is going to the Portland Oregon mission. Maybe he'll get to see Russ & Jeanette? I am also Hosting this Wednesday when Branson comes in! It will be hard to miss him so hopefully I can get to him and help him out. I'll be reading in the Book of Mormon in 1 Nephi 21- 2 Nephi 4 this week if any of you want to read it and send me what you learned. I would love it. have a great week! Les Amo.
--
Elder KP

No comments:

Post a Comment