Thursday, October 4, 2012

Week 1 (October 4, 2012)

Hola familia! Como estas??

Holy cow this is crazy! I can't believe it's been one week already. I am so swamped with stuff to do my P-day crept up on me too quickly. How is everything at home? I have had the chance to recieve a few letters from family and friends. I am so grateful for them too. They helped remind me I had a family back at home and a life outside of this one. Haha jk ;).

Thank you Cari for your letter. :) I can't believe it either. It has been so amazing though. I know that you will have a blast when it comes time for you and Matt. The work is just so busy and fun all the time.

Thank you Josh for you letter. It was brief and specific, just like you. ;) In answer to you question... I LOVE THE FOOOD!!!!!! It is soo good here and anyone who says they don't like the MTC food is in the wrong church. I'm kidding. But it is so true about the food. My companion and I eat for a solid 45 minutes whenever we go to breakfast lunch or dinner. Maybe I will put on a few pounds...

Mom, thank you for your letter. I am glad to hear that you guys are having fun. I was slighltly jealous when you told me you went to see a movie but that is okay. I'll just keep swimming. ;) I sent a letter to you last week in the mail. They gave us permission to write one letter home to our mom's so that they knew that we were okay. I knew you weren't worrying but I jumped at the chance to send something to you. ;)

Thank you for the letter dad and sharing that experience with me. It made me feel close to home and happy about what I am doing. Not that I am unhappy about it otherwise, It just enhanced the experience. :) I miss you all like crazy and can't wait to call you at Christmas. But I will be very busy until that time. I have shared a lot of your experiences on your mission dad. Hope that is okay. haha. But I am already making some of my own.

Entonces (so) down to buisness. Right after I was dopped off they took me to the main building to get my tag, books, meal card/ everything card, and while I was doing that I ran into someone that knew you mom and dad. Not sure what her name was anymore. Too much going on to remember names but she said to tell you hello. :) After we went to my residency (my room) and my key didn't work so I had to go back and get a new one. We finally got in and it is so small. I am sharing the room with 3 other Elders. After I went to meet my companion. His name is Elder Adamson. He is awesome. He is from Spokane Washington and is going to Equadore on his mission (if that is how you spell it). We have never had any problems and get along really really well. In our district we have 10 Elders. 2 of which are also going to my mission spanish speaking. Ironically they are the ones staying with us in our room. Their names are Elder Miles from Sandy and Elder Smith from Highland. Elder Miles is really quite and nice. Elder Smith is nice as well but he misses his "girlfriend". He is super funny about it though. The other Elders in our district are going to Mexico, Equadore, Texas, Pittsburg, and Detroit. We all get along almost too well. It becomes destracting sometimes. But it is all very fun.

Elder Adamson and I have been working super hard on our spanish. I must say it's coming faster than I expected. We are already praying in spanish, talking to each other about 50% in spanish and we have taught 4 full lessons in spanish. Each have been about 30-45 minutes long. Our investigators name is Florentino. He is a very humble man from Mexico. He moved here to work and send money home for his family. He wanted peace and happiness. We have taught him the first 3 lessons and one lesson we focused on just baptism and how taking that first step will help get him onto the path to living with his family for eternity. He committed to baptism and we are continuing to teach him. Unfortunately, we are teaching him our last lesson this evening. Hopefully we will be able to send him off with a strong enough testimony he will be able to continue to work toward his goal of baptism. We have grown to love him and his family. I I know that the Lord is playing a very intimate role in my life right now. I am learning so much spanish and my testimony is growing so fast, I have never experienced anything like it before. I love the MTC. The spirit just pours out of heaven and gives every missionary here who is praying for it recieves divine blessings. I know that all of this is for my good and I appreciate all the prayers that have come my way. I feel them every day and I am grateful for them.

I don't have anyones addresses so please send them to me. I would really appreciate it. :) Drea if you are reading this, please send me yours so I can send my letter to you.

Hoping everything is well. Go forward with faith. :D

Elder KP

No comments:

Post a Comment