Thursday, September 27, 2012

Into the field that is white...!!!

Jacob arrived at the Missionary Training Center just after 1:00pm yesterday, September 26, 2012.  The truck ride to the MTC was calm and peaceful and a great outpouring of the Spirit was felt.  Jacob was a little quieter than usual.  He asked me at one point if there was a medical term for "butterflies in the stomach."  That was all that he needed to say to let me know how he was feeling.

I think that the impact of being a missionary had already hit him though after being set-apart on Tuesday night.  Although the blessing he received through President Gottfredson rivaled anything I have ever experienced, I saw that reality had truly set in when I looked into Jacob's eyes as he surrendered his cell phone later that night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment